Place of Business:
Tarrant County College
Reporting to the District Director of Human Resources Operations, the Director of Benefits and Payroll Support is responsible for leading the administration of employee benefits, retirement options, working collaboratively with payroll and managing internal and external relationships with partner organizations.
Job Duties and / or Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and oversite for the annual and initial benefits open enrollment period to include communication of programs and products offered to TCC employees
- Executes strategies to improve benefit and retirement knowledge among employees
- Strengthens and cultivates payroll support processes to ensure accurate and timely results
- Develops and maintains excellent vendor relationships and partnerships to ensure favorable and consistent service levels
- Provides key metrics related to benefit enrollment, usage and service provided to employees
- Maintains expert knowledge of the functional specialty by staying abreast of best practices, legal developments, emerging trends, technical advancements, and benchmark comparisons
- Partners closely with colleagues and vendors to ensure the sharing and updating of information on benefits and retirement programs
- Maintains and manages employee records in coordination with Records and Retention Management
- Assists the District Director with implementing Human Resources (HR) strategies
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and innovation; executes strategies to improve support processes, builds capabilities in data-driven decision making, and instituting support best practices.
- Works closely and collaboratively with leaders throughout the College; identify, develop, and sustain productive relationships with all functional areas
- Develops and maintains advisory and consultative relationships with subject matter experts who provide input on benefits, leave administration, supplemental pay, etc.
- Interprets TCCD policy and procedures for employees and leaders
General Supervision and Management
- Responsible for personnel management, evaluation, and development of assigned direct reports
- Ensures that responsibilities of applicable employees are met in the following functional areas: benefits enrollment and support, payroll support, customer service, supervisor support
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
Works under the general supervision of the Chief Human Resources Officer while the District Director of Human Resources Operations is on temporary assignment for the ERP project.
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years’ working experience related to the Essential Performance Requirements
- Three (3) years’ experience supervising employees (e.g., managing and evaluating performance of others)
Click Here to Apply