Place of Business:
Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth
The Human Resources Business Partner/Schools is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, and indirectly to the Superintendent of Schools in supporting the Diocese of Fort Worth’s schools. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition, employee relations, HR policy development & implementation, and employment law compliance. The incumbent also conducts training in the position’s respective areas of responsibility and serves as a liaison between Human Resources at the Catholic Center and the Diocese of Fort Worth’s Schools.
Job Duties and / or Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the talent acquisition program for the Diocese of Fort Worth’s Schools to ensure all necessary steps are taken to recruit the best available candidates while conducting background checks as required and allowed by policies and law. Works with the General Counsel in the development and drafting of employment agreements, required by the schools.
- Trains appropriate school employees on ADP’s Applicant Tracking System, who perform recruiting and/or HRIS input process for new hires.
- Partners with the Chief Human Resources Officer, Superintendent of Schools and the General Counsel on confidential employee relations concerns, complaints and harassment allegations in the schools and actively participates in investigations when needed.
- Coaches, counsels, and collaborates with managers on the employee disciplinary action process and recommends course of action, regarding corrective disciplinary action.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment within the schools.
- Investigates anonymous ethics hotline and reports out to designated committee regarding inferred violations in the schools.
- Facilitates or provides training to key staff on topics such as policies, procedures, recruiting, employee relations counseling, etc.
- Coordinates committee(s) to develop and implement needed changes to HR programs, employee policies and procedures, in the schools.
- Sends HR communication updates and conducts training to as needed.
- Joins local and regional professional HR Associations to be aware of employment trends and new laws that might impact the Diocese of Fort Worth’s employment practices.
- Works with the Payroll department to ensure all employees system records are current and are paid timely and accurately.
- Analyzes exit interview data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Supports employee onboarding sessions, when needed.
- Responsible for all other projects, tasks, etc., as assigned.
- Frequent travel may be required to Diocese Schools and Parishes by car.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Degree (preferred) in Human Resources or a related field or currently attending college with a major in HR or an equivalent of work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Certifications in Human Resources (preferred).
- Requires hands-on experience with ADP’s Workforce Now HRIS, especially utilizing the online application tracking system (ATS).
- 5 to 7 years or more of experience with talent acquisition, employee relations, coaching and mentoring supervisors, managers, and employees.
- 3 to 5 years of HR experience in private school systems.
- Familiar with budget process for projecting costs associated with talent acquisition within the schools, as well as other areas.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Microsoft Office / Intermediate to advanced capabilities.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Established customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experienced in developing and conducting training for leadership groups, employees, and others.
- Verbal and written communication proficiency along with the ability to communicate with people in difficult situations.
- Active Catholic, in good standing, and a member of a Catholic parish community preferred.
Click Here to Apply