Place of Business:
Union Gospel Mission
Reporting to the President & CEO, the HR Manager will lead Human Resources practices and objectives that provide a high performance culture emphasizing competence, confidence, compliance, accountability for quality, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement strategic and tactical HR best practices across the organization and work closely with the
management team in supporting the organization’s business objectives.
• Consult directly with staff to identify employment needs and preferred qualifications; guide employees through all human
resources procedures and answer questions about policies.
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and mitigate risk. Provide counsel to management and other staff in
handling complex or sensitive employee relations issues and recommend the appropriate course of action. Ensure smooth
implementation of policies, procedures, and initiatives.
• Manage training and development programs that grow team members beyond their current capabilities and provide internal
development opportunities. Oversee performance management programs that drive accountability and link performance to
rewards and recognition.
• Maintain accurate employee records including personal data, performance reviews, accrued benefits, wage and salary
information. Work closely with accounting and operations to ensure pay and benefits administration and accuracy.
• Conduct and schedule new employee orientation which would include personnel policies and organizational chart; culture
of the organization.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Maintain employment files, proper records retention, and ensure HIPAA compliance.
• Utilize existing company technology or evaluate and recommend technology solutions to automate and streamline HR
processes to clients.
• Manage employee performance review process, making changes and enhancements necessary to support both the culture
and strategic changes.
• Oversee the administration of all employee benefits; manage overall relationship with benefit providers, continuously
analyzing benefit offerings and costs to market conditions; manage overall benefits/COBRA administration and processes.
• Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; assure timely processing of unemployment and workers compensation
• Update job descriptions as needed.
• BA or BS degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or another related discipline.
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in employee relations, performance management, benefits and compensation,
staffing and selection, and organizational development/training.
• Ability to develop, implement, and communicate internal and external strategies, tools, and resources to attract, select, and
recruit new individuals to the organization; excellent written skills.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with extensive client base as well as employees on
understanding and embracing HR policies and procedures.
• Strong organizational, time management, and customer service skills.
• Ability to interpret, explain and apply regulations, policies, and procedures; coach employees and management through
complex emotional issues.
• Solid understanding of the application of HR processes to federal and state laws to limit client liability.
• Ability to display sensitivity, tact, and responsiveness in various situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated effective leadership skills.
• Proficiency of MS Office and related HRIS platforms.
• Ability to listen intently to employee’s concerns across all levels within the organization; counsel, advise, and persuade
based on experience.
• Strong passion for the mission of the organization.
Click here to apply.