Place of Business:
MHMR of Tarrant County
The Director of Grant Accounting is responsible for providing per and post financial support for grants to all divisions within MHMR. Further, this position will overseeing the correct and accurate recording of transactions for federal, state, local, and other grants on the general ledger for MHMR and all component units. Reporting to the Controller, this position will oversee a team of staff to assist with responsibilities and to ensure transactions are recorded in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), governmental accounting standards board (GASB), the Texas Uniform Grant Management System (UGMS), Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) standards, and the Single Audit Act (2 CFR 200). This position is responsible for the financial integrity of the balance sheet and income statements, as they relate to grants, for MHMR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and developing a team of grant accounting professionals through establishing actionable career development goals that broaden the employees’ skills and align with organizational succession planning targets.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operating targets aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Deliver service level support to internal and external customers consistent with the goals and visions of the organization and department.
- Manage and oversee assigned ad-hoc projects as set by the CFO or Controller.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording of grant related transactions on the general ledger, including profit / loss entries and balance sheet transactions.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations associated with grants, including accounts receivable, unearned revenue, deferred inflows / deferred outflows, etc. as applicable.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely month end close process ensuring compliance with GAAP and GASB guidelines as they relate to recording of grant transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports to various customers, providing needed information to various audiences.
- Provides assistance and support for both internal and external financial audits.
- Serves as the primary contact for grants with the external financial statement auditors and collaborates with the Controller to successfully complete the annual audit in compliance with 2 CFR 200 and the Single Audit Act.
- Produces the Schedule of State and Federal Awards as part of the annual external audit.
- Provides technical accounting advice on accounting matters.
- Encourage and identify process improvement opportunities for the Grant Accounting Team.
- Serves as a change leader and champion for process improvements as part of the organization’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
- Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities.
- Knowledge of MHMRTC Tarrant Policy and Procedures.
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB, UGMS, UGG, 2 CFR 200 / Single Audit Act.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently on difficult or complex tasks and keep accurate records.
- Ability to organize work to make deadlines on time.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Minimum Education - Bachelor’s degree
- Defined Education - Accounting
- Preferences - Master’s degree in Accounting preferred; CPA license
- Years’ Experience - Four years’ work experience in related field
- Defined Experience - Grant accounting experience preferred
- License/Certifications - Certified Public Accountant is preferred, but not required
- Three years’ management experience in related field
- Selection for this position is contingent upon successfully passing an extensive background check.
Click here to apply