Place of Business:
The Director, Human Resources & Benefits is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the benefits function, as well as providing guidance and expertise in all areas of human resources to support the department and the organization. The Director, Human Resources & Benefits manages the day-to-day operations of the organization’s group benefits program in addition to developing and driving strategic goals for the department. This position must provide excellent internal customer service and serve as primary contact for brokers, plan vendors, and third party administrators. The Director, Human Resources & Benefits works cross-functionally with other departments including Accounting/Finance, Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, and Operations to ensure successful benefits program execution.
- Critical evaluation of the current benefits program through analysis of utilization, services, coverage, effectiveness, overall cost, cost sharing, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs and make recommendations for improvements to enhance services in a cost effective manner
- Identify the company’s benefits strategy and philosophy through various resources including but not limited to employee surveys, day-to-day discussions with employees and management, and focused discussions with leadership.
- Develop and recommend long-range benefit objectives and strategies
- Ownership of the annual benefits renewal process in partnership with broker
- Partner with external auditors to facilitate benefit plan audits
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to increase efficiency, improve service, and reduce costs
- Implement communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefit package including but not limited to meeting presentations, online resources (forms, links, and documents) and email campaigns
- Provide training and support to the organization’s employees regarding the benefits program
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations as well as ensuring timeliness and accuracy of required filings including but not limited to ACA, PCORI, Form 5500, etc.
- Overall management of the leave of absence program to include FMLA, unpaid leaves, and Workers Compensation
- Review and make recommendations to improve the organization’s Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices
- Create, update, and revise Human Resources policies and procedures
- Consult with VP, Human Resources & Administration regarding department goals, strategies, and planning
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Human Resources team
- Effectively manage the Benefits Specialist and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees withing the benefits department
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.the performance management and hiring of the employees within the benefits department
- Ability to work in a cooperative, collaborative team environment
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Human Resources management role
- Previous experience in managing benefit programs for an organization is required
- Experience with managing a self-funded benefits plan preferred
- SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP/SPHR/PHR and CEBS professional designations preferred
- Proven project management experience
- Business acumen and financial awareness
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Effective group/public speaking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of benefit contract language and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFP’s)
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working to meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS technology
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Click here to apply.