Place of business:
- This position provides a broad range of human services to department directors, managers, supervisors and employees regarding classification and compensation information, including but not limited to market competitiveness, trends, reclassifications, re-assignments, FLSA classification, and/or reorganizations.
- Assists human resources with the hiring process by analyzing and recommending recruitment strategies and new hire pay compared against external market and internal pay structure.
- Research, analyze and compile internal and external market data using best practices and presenting recommendations to HR Management.
- Maintain and update official pay classification plan; make recommendations for changes to HR Management.
- Create and run advanced queries using Excel to analyze, calculate and provide complex Excel spreadsheet reports for merit increases, pay plan and pay schedule reports for budget including future projections and costs to increase salaries for budget preparation annually.
- Provides assistance with the implementation and administration of human resources programs such as recruitment and selection, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development.
- Evaluates Job qualifications for proper job classification for agency job profiles.
- Edits and manages human resources procedures.
- Edits and managers human resources employee reference guide (handbook).
- Completes human resources-related surveys and questionnaires.
- Conducts classification compliance audits; reviews position questionnaires; and prepares advance reports of findings, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Prepares human resources correspondence and advanced reporting.
- Prepares training outlines and guides for orientation of HR processes and outlines
- Provides advice and assistance on classification, compensation, recruitment, retention, benefits, leave provisions, employee relations, related to salary and compensation matters.
- Maintains human resource automated systems, files, and records, and analyzes human resources reports related to compensation
- Assists in compiling and analyzing wage data.
- Assists in training and counseling agency staff on issues, rules, polices, and regulations related to compensations, grades and FLSA.
- Assists in planning, developing, revising, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, and forms.
- May analyze organizational jobs and compensation studies.
- Evaluates jobs, and assist in preparing or revising job descriptions and job profiles
- Assists in preparing and processing Texas Workforce Commission employer responses
- Provides support to HR projects related to system implementation, training guides and assigned tasks.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Defined Education
- Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Strong verbal and writing skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint presentations
- Additional Education for years of experience on a year to year basis
- Human Resources management work or related field
- Preferred HR certification