Place of Business:
Trinity River Authority
Trinity River Authority is one of the largest river authorities in Texas, where we enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment that takes pride in providing safe, clean water to more than 60 cities along the Trinity River Basin. TRA’s services have greatly improved public health and daily life in the communities we serve since our inception in 1955.
This is a management position in the Administrative Services Division leading the human resources strategic operations and the planning, development and maintenance of human resource information systems that supports the Authority’s short term and long term business plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Establish vision and strategic direction for HR services and develop systems, policies, objectives, initiatives, and organizational structures that support the Authority’s growth and reputation as an employer of choice. Monitors industry trends and best practices in human resource operations, including advances in technology to provide HR service delivery.
2. Ensures policies, procedures and operational practices are ethical and compliant with regulatory requirements and employment laws. Provides oversight and annual reporting of these requirements.
3. Lead, direct and administer the human resources technology functions, including fostering innovation, planning and managing projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. Manages the development, implementation, training, upgrade, and maintenance of the Authority’s enterprise HRMS and business support systems (Intranet, Sharepoint HR, Liquidoffice, Imagenow, Lawson, Concur Expense, Learning Management System, Ultipro, etc.) that are integrated for human resource service solutions.
4. Serve as a liaison between management, IT and functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications and HR system interfaces with other business software. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the HRMS infrastructure and HRIS systems.
5. Leads all areas of human resource specialization, including the following:
- Employee Relations: Develops policies, procedures and programs for recruitment, testing, placement, classification, and orientation. Leads and coordinates with management and legal on employee relations investigations.
- Compensation: Conduct salary assessments and participate in compensation surveys to evaluate market pay trends to ensure the Authority’s salary administration program is current, competitive and compliant with legal requirements.
- Benefits: Manages the employee benefits program by evaluating, negotiating and administering the Authority’s retirement plans, medical plans, life insurance and disability plans, and other ancillary benefit programs.
- Performance Management: Ensures that the performance review process is timely and effectively administered according to the Authority’s salary administration program.
- Training and Development: Directs workforce planning initiatives and design and implement learning and development programs for succession planning, retention, and leadership capabilities.
- Risk Management: Responsible for workers’ compensation, safety, health and wellness programs, EAP, workplace security, privacy, disaster planning, and business continuity while ensuring compliance with HIPPA, Drug-Free Workplace Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Homeland Security, GINA, ADA, FLSA, etc. Organizational Development: Coordinates efforts of change management in support of the Authority’s goals through leading and managing change, develops implementation strategies for communication, coaching, training, accountability and rewards program.
- Records Retention: Ensures employee records are administered according to the records retention program.
6. Develops budgets and manages procurement activities for several funds to include the General Office, Water Sales, Staywell Health Administration, Risk Retention, Fixed Assets and Emergency budgets and monitors expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget. Manages HRIS projects by negotiating and administering consultant contracts and professional services agreements. Monitor project budgets to ensure successful delivery of project scope and objectives are met.
7. Performs others duties, including special projects, analysis and oral presentations as directed by the Manager, General Services and serves as Acting Manager, General Services as required. 8. May be assigned other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Manager, Administrative Services.
8. May be assigned other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Manager, Administrative Services.
Bachelor degree required. Degree in human resources, business management, MIS, or related field preferred. Four years of progressive supervisory experience in human resource management or a related field. Professional Human Resource (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR) certification preferred. Valid Texas driver's license.
Knowledge of developing and implementing learning and development programs. Must possess a high level of mathematical, verbal, and analytical ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports. Ability to establish and maintain good contact with various public agencies. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Strong leadership, project management and problem solving skills.
Click here to apply.