Registration deadline: Friday, June 10, 2022
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
River Crest Founders Room
Speaker: Catherine Clifton, JD, MBA, SPHR
Topic: New Hire Onboarding / Orientation Challenges
What’s wrong with New Hire Orientation? Is it serving the needs of the employee and your organization? There is so much that new employees need to know about your company – how can we effectively impart information in a way new employees can retain it in the limited time available for orientation?
3 Learning Objectives:
- How to prioritize learning objectives for new employees to align with the organization’s strategic plan
- How to protect the company from liability
- When employees are entitled to compensation for onboarding / orientation
Catherine Clifton JD, MBA, SPHR has more than 20 years of experience in employment law. She worked with multiple local governmental entities as an employment law attorney and spent several years as Director of Administrative Services, where she was responsible for Human Resources, Risk Management, Group Health, and Payroll. She has advised clients on recruitment, selection, discipline, wage and hour, policies, and grievance matters, including federal and state laws related to labor and employment.
Catherine is a graduate of Southwestern University and obtained her JD from Texas Tech University. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). She joined Ross | Gannaway | Clifton, PLLC in 2022.
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
River Crest Ballroom
Speaker: Mallory Herrin, SPHR, SHRM-CP
Topic: Let's Talk Terminations: What HR Needs to Know
Terminating employees, whatever the reason, isn't fun - but it is a necessary part of an HR professional's job. This session covers practical aspects of terminations including preparation, HR's consultative role in terminations, managing emotions, and security concerns.
3 Learning Objectives:
- Preparation and consultation with managers and leaders are key to a successful and legal termination.
- Managing your own emotions is important in addition to handling the employee's emotions.
- Practical tips for termination preparation and conducting the actual meeting.
Mallory Herrin, SPHR, SHRM-CP is an experienced human resources consultant and industry recognized thought leader. Mallory is the author of Intentional HR: A Revolution in Strategic Thinking and HerrinHR’s CEO and Principal HR Consultant. She is responsible for creating HR strategies that drive business growth and guiding the human resources function for a multitude of clients across a variety of industries throughout the United States.
River Crest Country Club
1501 Western Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Blackened red fish with charred vegetables, jack cheese grits and creole mustard sauce
Get Ready for the Meeting:
Bring your business cards for our networking event.
We care about each one of our members and are taking COVID-19 safety precautions:
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided.
- Masks are highly encouraged. Forgot a mask and need one? No worries, we will have them at the door.
- "Social stickers" will be provided for your nametag to indicate your individual preference: Red = no contact, green = comfortable with contact.
- If you are sick and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID please stay home. We will miss you, but there will be plenty of opportunities to attend a FWHR in-person event.
- We are encouraging social distancing by seating 6 to a table instead of 8.
Reservations / Cancellations
All registrations must be received before close of business on the Monday prior to the event. Thereafter, a limited number of registrations will be accepted at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. Please understand that you cannot be guarantee seat at the meeting if you do not register by the Monday preceding the event. If you can't make the event, please let us know 72 hours beforehand by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can cancel your registration. Otherwise, we will bill you for the reservation (we pay the venue based on the number of attendees reserved - including no-shows). Refund requests or any financial matters relating to this event should be directed to email@example.com.
Use of Materials
By attending an event affiliated with Fort Worth HR (“FWHR”), attendees consent and agree to being photographed and/or videoed. Attendees agree to allow FWHR to use, publish, and distribute their names, pictures, images, and voices (herein the “Materials”) for illustration, training, and/or marketing of FWHR, in any and all forms of media, including but not limited to FWHR’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn. Attendees waive any right to review or approve any use of the Materials, any written copy, or any finished product. Attendees will not receive any compensation or payment for FWHR’s use of the Materials and waive any rights, claims, or interest in the Materials.