Log in

Home  |  Registration  |  Speakers  |  Sessions  |  Sponsors 

Updates in Employment Law
Speaker: Julia Gannaway
8:35am - 9:00am

Central to the theme of the Employment Law Update!  Catch up on state and federal legislation, the latest from the courts, and what’s coming from agencies on the employment law front. You'll learn about pending legislation before the 88th Texas Legislature and Congress, impact of recent court decisions, and what's new from government agencies and boards such as the NLRB and EEOC. 

Confessions of a Plaintiff's Employment Lawyer
Speaker: Chris Antone
9:00am - 10:00am

Chris will share his 40 years of experience defending management in workplace litigation and highlight those reoccurring problematic management practices  that repeatedly cause employee lawsuits. Chris will provide advice on strategic initiatives designed to minimize the chance that your Company  and clients will face an employee lawsuit in 2023.  

Myths & Misconceptions about Employer Health Plans
Speaker: Dave Ross
10:15am - 11:15am

Is your Employer Health Plan discriminatory?  Likely Yes… 84% of employers offer a high deductible health plan – the other 16% are right (and maybe more compliant). Why your spouses don’t cost what you think and the compliance around spousal programs. Are you serving as a real plan fiduciary to your health plan? Having nearly 20 years of experience in underwriting, Dave will tell of his experience in developing and maintaining financial tools and methodologies that have improved clients’ ability to manage their health plans. He will serve as a resource in educating around efficient health plan structures.     

Overlap between ERISA & Internal Revenue Code
Speaker: Henry Talavera, Amanda Vanderwilt
11:45am -12:45pm

Henry and Meredith will discuss overlap between ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code, and the issues that arise when employees are misclassified as independent contractor and vice versa in some cases.

Company Policies
Speaker: Craig Woodcock
1:00pm - 2:00pm

The “Company Policies” presentation analyzes company policies in the litigation environment and covers key area such as, Title VII and related claims, the Faragher-Ellerth defense, the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), wage and hour claims, negligence and standard of care issues, and other employment related claims.

Confessions of a 30 Year EEOC Employee
Speaker: Rodney Klein
2:00pm - 3:00pm

You will hear from Rodney Klein, who began his career at the EEOC as an investigator and ended it as an Outreach & Education Coordinator. He will discuss the lessons learned about addressing discrimination, trends at the EEOC, changes in the workplace, the root causes of bias, and the basics of working with people and building productive teams.  And maybe a little gossip too. 

Real Talk HR Panel
Speakers: Allison Johnson, Julia Gannaway, Mike Coffey, Natasha Corrales, Dr. Robyn Short
3:15pm - 3:50pm

Employers are feeling the pressure, but so are employees. The world is being asked to respond faster to needs all while dealing with the challenges in today’s world. Misunderstanding, miscommunication, shortage of staff - simple differences in the workplace can turn a small problem into a massive issue. How can we as HR professionals mitigate a small problem turning into a massive issue? Join us for a panel session where we will discuss the current trends in the workplace and best practices on how we as HR can proactively address issues and mitigate risks.

📘 learn more

 Contact Us

(817) 576-0577

 Mailing Address

4455 Camp Bowie Blvd
Ste 114 #832
Fort Worth, TX 76107

If mailing a payment to our PO Box,
please contact the
FWHR office immediately.


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software